Market to Cash | Source to Pay | Record to Report | Non Finance | Service & Development
Market to Cash
Market to Cash (MtC) department is responsible for correct registration of transactions generating Carlsberg Group companies payments. This includes the following elements: sales invoices booking, payment settlement, reconciliation of accounts with customers as well as numerous items connected with clients’ credit control.
Market to Cash provides Carlsberg Shared Services’s business partners with honest and solid information regarding accounts receivables which enables them to response quickly to market changes and to take responsible business decisions.
Presently Market to Cash covers selected processes in the following areas:
- Discount and loan management
- Sales invoicing
- Settlement of incoming payments
- Direct debit
- Dunning letters and linked acts
- Credit control
- Month-end closing
- Others (e.g. portrage, picked not invoiced)
Source to Pay
Source to Pay department is responsible for payments of goods and services to vendors. In order to achieve this goal it deals with bookkeeping for purchase transactions.
Its activities include:
Sorting, scanning and archiving of supplier invoices
Posting of purchasing invoices against purchase orders
Posting of purchasing invoices without purchase orders
Sending reminders to buyers and approvers
Workflow error handling
Handling of phone calls and emails with queries regarding supplier invoices
Pre-checks before payment run
Periodic Vendor reconciliation
Inkasso, payment requests and reminders maintenance
Accounting of travel expenses
Accounting period close/end procedures
Intrastate, Import duty, Excise duty
Record to Report
The Record to Report department is responsible for a wide range of accounting and reporting processes that can be systematized with the following categories:
- Fixed Assets – maintenance of fixed assets and intangible assets register according to IAS/IFRS, and in case of Carlsberg Polska also according to the Polish accounting regulations, as well as in the tax area; periodic depreciation as well as corporate reporting to the Group and local statutory reporting from the area of fixed assets
- General Ledger – processing journal entries in general ledger, calculation of reserves, prepaid costs, settlement of balance, issuing of other sales invoices along with debit/credit notes.
- Cash Management – booking of bank statements and processing of payment orders in the bank system.
- Intercompany – issuing of VAT invoices for sales of services and other sales to the affiliated companies, balance confirmations with the affiliated companies at the closing of the reporting period, reporting Intercompany transactions to the Group .
- Reporting – preparing consolidation package for periodic consolidated financial statements of Carlsberg Group Breweries according to IAS/IFRS and support for audit of the package, reporting to the national central bank and statistical office, preparing individual statutory financial statements of the serviced companies* and support for the statutory audit.
(*) in the countries where this process has been taken over by ASC
Non Finance department was set up in 2012 as a result of growing demand of Carlsberg Group on centralized service of processes not linked directly with accountancy. At present this department covers the following fields:
Master Data – operation of fixed data focusing on a wide range of subjects in Carlsberg Group individual companies’ SAP systems. The scope covers both basic client, supplier and material data and maintenance of price patterns for final clients, discounts etc.
The planning department supports the end-to-end Supply Chain, reaching out from customers’ shelves and counters to suppliers. Our team covers three main areas:
Operational Planning – master planning, short term demand activities, weekly KPI reporting for Western Europe (Forecast Accuracy, Perfect Order, Stock Service Level), monthly Days-on-Hand calculation as a part of Cash Race reporting;
Support to Strategic Planning – supply chain long-term planning (CAST);
Customer Service Excellence – ABACUS (SKU counts, segmentation and pain & tails analysis), monthly ExCom KPI reporting for the Carlsberg Group.
Transport Control Tower (TCT) - The TCT project optimizes freight flows and transportation, providing more streamlined way to manage supplier contracts and performance. At its core is a central team of people who coordinate all the activities associated with executing orders. These activities include planning and maximizing loading, allocating the right transport providers, communicating with warehouses to determine loading and unloading times and checking transport invoices.
TCT also arranges eAuctions and supports CSC Procurement in organizing yearly tenders for transport services. On monthly basis, TCT prepares and presents KPI reports showing performance of every party involved in an order.
EProcurement - the eProcurement department provides infrastructural system support to the buyers in both CSC and local procurement organisations worldwide. It supports eSourcing, eAuctions, eContracts management and contracts compliance.
Central Contracts Coordinators - CCCs are responsible for providing operational support of buyers. They secure material cost based on negotiated contracts and ensure SAP contracts compliance to enable smooth invoicing process.
Category Experts - the team is focused on providing tactical and operational support towards Global Category Managers. On top of that Category Experts support the execution of the category strategy across the countries as well as help handling large negotiations with company’s key suppliers.
Service and Development
Service and Development department is responsible to continuously optimize Carlsberg Shared Services Service Management framework such as Process documentation, SLA’s , KPI’s, performance reporting, strategic and operational customer contact models. The department mainly focuses on driving Carlsberg Shared Services development initiatives via implementation of Continuous Improvement Model in Carlsberg Shared Services, enabling increase in the level of lean competences and using (sharing) efficiency driving tools throughout all Carlsberg Shared Services services.