According to Euromonitor, who provides global market statistics, and Canadean, who watches the global beverage industry, Baltika is now the number one brand in terms of volume in Europe. From 10,7 mn hl in 2006 to 14,4 in 2007.
The Baltika-brand is only 16 years old and in its development, Baltika has passed all the well known European brands.
Baltiks is produced by Baltika Breweries:
- Leader on the Russian beer market and the largest FMCG company in Russia with more than 12,500 employees.
- 11 breweries located in Russia — in St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tula, Voronezh, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk, Khabarovsk and Novosibirsk; as well as 2 own malt-houses. Production capacity in Russia is 50 million hectolitres of beer per year
- Distributes more than 30 beer brands in Russia (including Baltika, Arsenalnoye, Nevskoye, Yarpivo, Tuborg, Carlsberg, Kronenbourg 1664, and a number of regional brands), as well as more than 10 non-beer brands
- Available in 98% of all points of sale around Russia
- Exports to 50 countries around the world, including the countries of Western Europe, North America and the Near East region