- Carlsberg A/S is reducing its stake in Royal Scandinavia A/S from 64.9 per cent to 28 per cent.
- A newly-established company, Royal Scandinavia Holding a.s., will formally become the new owner of Royal Scandinavia A/S.
- A group of investors lead by the Danish industry investment company Axcel will buy 51 per cent of the share capital and become majority shareholder in Royal Scandinavia Holding a.s. The other shareholders are Carlsberg A/S, with 28 per cent, and RC Investments Ltd., with 21 per cent of the share capital.
- Carlsberg A/S will sell its shares for DKK 120 per share and receive in total DKK 1.2 bn and around DKK 500m from repayment of loans made to Royal Scandinavia A/S.
- Carlsberg A/S will contribute to the financing of Royal Scandinavia Holding a.s. via a subordinated loan.
- The profit on the sales will be charged to the equity to be set off against previous years' goodwill in Royal Scandinavia A/S. In the future only share of equity and result of Royal Scandinavia Holding will appear from Carlsberg A/S' official accounts.
Public Affairs Manager Margrethe Skov Phone: +45 33 27 33 27