Nine-month report as at 30 June 2000 of the Carlsberg Group
- The improvement in results is greater than expected as operating profit increased to DKK 1,555m (16% up on last year when using comparable figures).
- The comparable change in volume was 4 per cent up on last year (beer: 27m hl (+1%) and soft drinks: 11m hl (+12%)).
- For the first 12 months of 1999/2000, operating profit is still expected to be higher than in 1998/99.
- At an extraordinary general meeting on 30 August 2000, it was agreed to extend the present financial year until 31 December 2000 (15 months). In future, the company's financial year will coincide with the calendar year.
- Carlsberg A/S will investigate the possibilities of commercialising the widely recognised competencies in biotechnology held by The Carlsberg Research Center.
President and Group Chief Executive Officer Flemming Lindeløv
Group Managing Director Jørn P. Jensen
Telephone +45 3327 3327
Read the entire annoncement here...